Sunday, May 31, 2015

Oma's napkins

I have been stepping out of my comfort zone and expanding my craftiness. I have been wanting to make some cloth napkins for our home for ages, and I finally bought some fabric to do so last weekend. Although I have yet to make any for us, I did make some nice, thick double-sided napkins for my Mother-in-Law who had visited us last week. Her favorite color is Cobalt Blue and her kitchen is pretty much filled with it, so I continued on that path and added a bit of vivid color to the mix. I LOVE how they turned out. I almost didn't give them to her. Seriously. 



These photos are not a true-representation of the colors, they are even more rich and vibrant in person. While I don't have enough fabric left to make napkins for us (I bought a yard of each), I do have enough to make some coasters, which I plan to add to my mile-long list of things I want to make. Now that Oma has headed home, my goal is to try to get some of our own made later this week. I think for the most part I am going to make them single-sided which is more practical for our daily use, but I will make a few double-sided for those days I feel like adding a bit of elegance to our "fine" dining. 

I am also thinking I might make some to sell. What do y'all think would be a reasonable price to pay for a set like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.