Thursday, May 10, 2012

doggie check up & miss personality

I love digging through old photos and recalling memories of times gone by. :) That is the case with the photos in the layout I am going to share today. Ashlyn still loves to play vet and it was not just a passing phase from her toddler years. She still turns our living room into a full blown vet clinic complete with stuffed animals, sign in sheets, id bracelets (hers from numerous hospital visits), medical charts for each "patient", medical supplies, a scale, x-rays she has created using vellum and markers, she even dictates detailed notes onto the laptop. I think alot of her knowledge comes from first hand experience, but it is still nice to see her so passionate about something.

I have been wanting to scrap these photos for awhile now, but was drawing a blank, however when I saw the monthy sketch that Ashley Rock posted on her blog, my wheels started turning and I was able to crank out a layout that I adore that all fell together perfectly; it was as if this sketch was created just for me and these photos.

here is the full version:

page 1:
 and page 2:

In addition to using Ashley's fabulous sketch as my base point for this layout, I used challenge #1 from the NSD Crop over at the Memorable Seasons site. This challenge was to use more than one collection from the same MF on your layout. I used three collecttions from Crate Paper- Emma's Shoppe, Storyteller and Pretty Party.

The DT has been posting challenges all week and today was my day to host challenge #4. My challenge is to create something handmade and use it on your layout. I love to make rolled flowers so I created seveal and placed them along the gorgeous ribbon that I recieved with my kit containing papers from the beautiful Prairie Hill collection by Pink Paislee.



There is still time for you to join in the challenges and games. We'd love to have you!

Have a beautiful day. :)

4 comments:

  1. Amazing layouts!! Your daughter playing vet is too cute, your layout is fabulous, and I love your take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are absolutely gorgeous layouts Raechelle, you definitely have two very photogenic girls too. Your doggie check up layout is adorable and I just love the rolled rosettes and ribbon on your second layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rolled flower layout!! It's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - Brilliant work!!! How awesome is that Little Miss Personality layout - love the rolled flowers and the bow... and the colours! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.