Friday, March 30, 2012

Throwdown challenges for Memorable Seasons

Hello! :) It's been a short time since I have been here. I have been scrapping, but just not blogging- life has been a bit hectic with Ashlyn. Unfortuanately the steroids weren't working as they should have and she ended up with a huge plunge in her weight. She dropped from 72 lbs to 66 in a week, so she ended up having to have a feeding tube placed back early last week. The good news is that she has gained a few pounds back, although she is not tolerating the feeds well. She was really not pleased about this, as you can tell. ;)


I just hope that this will be short-term. I know I am tired and I cannot even imagine how this is for her.

So, onto scrappy things. Memorable Seasons is hosting it's thrid annual Throwdown challenge. The concept is that each dt member hosts an appetizer (card) and  main course (layout) that is based off of real food recipes. We are in week 3 now and it was my week to host.

I used my March kit, Cosmo Cricket Evangeline, to create both of my projects for this challenge. You can find the products here in the Memorable Seasons store as well as many other wonderful new products from your favorite manufacturer.


I chose to use chips and salsa for my appetizer and chicken fajitas for my main course.

Let's begin with the appetizer; chips and salsa:

the "bowl"; stitching or some type of a border to "hold" the salsa
the chips; a sentiment sticker or phrase
and the salsa; a mixture of smallish embellies

my card:



and for my main course, Chicken Fajitas;


chicken/pepper/onion strips= twine or ribbon AND a banner with at least 3 different patterned papers or colors
fajita= circle(s)
dallops of sour cream= ink or paint splatter

my layout:


Here are my projects for previous challenges. I'll work backwards.
 
Week 2 Sally hosted and here are my card and layout (I have to add that these are both my new favorites):
 


Tami hosted week one and here are my projects;



Thanks for taking the time to stop by. I hope you have a beautiful weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.