Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day morning! Skylar and Ashlyn had been working for days on a special Mother's Day show for me. It was very sweet. They did a combined cheer spelling out M-O-M-M-Y and included something with each letter that they read off a paper. All this while I ate a fine breakfast of fresh coffee, 2 eggs over easy and caramel crepes that Skye prepared for me. :)
To make things all the more memorable Ashlyn apologized to me for not being able to stand up straight while doing the cheer because it hurts her tummy to stand up straight, and she didn't want to ruin the show. lol I also had to try my best to pretend I was hungry because I do not like crepes. Ick. I tried really hard, I mean really hard to stomach them, but I just couldn't. I ate one bite and had to force myself to swallow. Kenny said it was funny to watch my face because I was struggling to get it down. Then I took a second bite and had to spit it out. I couldn't do it. I felt awful because I know Skye worked hard on making them for me. It was all good though. Skye wasn't upset about the crepes and the eggs were delicious! :)























I then opened wonderful handmade gifts that Skye, Emily and Ashlyn had created for me. I let them use some of my SRM Mother's Day Stickers and some glass jars I had sitting around. They also added a few things from around the house. They are all very sweet.

Ashlyn's
Emily's
and Skylar's

Meghan gave me an awesome mug! It's from Starbucks and it's the kind that had a black message space on it that you write on in a special white pen and then bake it on. Each girl wrote a beautiful message on it. Made me cry.

Emily wrote me a sweet letter, drew me a pretty picture and also included a note to use today. It's a "get out of work" letter, but can only be used today. Since I have to work tonight I am going to take it to work and show my boss. Wonder if it'll work... bahahaha!!! Somehow I seriously doubt it, but it's worth a try. ;)

Skylar also got me another gift, and this was really clever of her. She had them in a box for me. I got a good chuckle out of some of them. :)

All in all a perfect day. I got to scrap a bit and I am going to go upstairs and read for a bit before I head off to work.
 
One more thing for you. I got it from Tania's blog and it moved me. Powerful.


Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.