Saturday, May 23, 2009

more waiting...

Nothing scrappy to post, but I have another update on my sweet Ashlyn. We met with the GI Doc. and I finally think that we are going to get some answers. Of course, nothing is easy and everything takes time so now we sit and wait some more. They did do more blood work on her and had to give stool samples for the labs to test (the poor girl is beyond tired of being poked and prodded). We should know the results of those sometime mid-week next week and then what is next. She was also placed on a super-restrictive diet, which has not been fun for her. I won't go into the whole list, but she can only drink water or Crystal Light. No gum. She cannot have chocolate or anything with caffeine. Nothing with high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, or artificial sugars. And what's left has to contain at least 2g of fiber per serving. I have been reading labels like mad as well as teaching the girls what to look for. It's not easy, but we are doing OK. Thankfully some of her favorite things are OK for her to eat like popcorn, Triscuts, and Fiber One Shredded Wheat.
Hopefully we'll have answers soon. We return to Seattle in about a month, unless they need to run additional tests and I have to take her back sooner.
The saddest thing for me about all this is that she has seemed to have given up. She has lost her spirit bit by bit, but now it's just gone. She doesn't want to do anything but sleep and lie around. She just stares into space. Even her Porsche cars don't inspire her. She is constantly angry and is short with everyone. I don't know what to do. I just pray that something is found out soon so she will come back to life.

I have been working out in the yard. The weather is gorgeous and I feel good working with my hands. Bit by bit things are looking better and it's helping to lift my spirits a bit. Soon there will be beautiful flowers everywhere and that always makes me happy. :)
Take care.

2 comments:

  1. I feel so bad, Rae. I hope you find some answers soon. Flowers always perk up my spirits too, glad you are trying to find some comfort in this trying time! we need that too to stay strong for our kids at times like this.
    hugs and love!
    dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find your answers soon, Raechelle. My prayers are with Ashlyn and your family. Your posts bring tears to my eyes...

    Love and prayers,
    Smita

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.