Thursday, April 16, 2009

cards this week







Here are some cards I made for the card sketch sites and for Ally Scraps.

'Laugh' is for sketch 10 over on the Card Patterns blog. The DT girls totally outdid themselves once again. They are such a super-talented group of girls and I am honored to be among them.

'Thanks for Thinking of Me' is using this weeks Di Hickman card sketch (April 13). I really like the new format of her sketches! The DT also rocked the sketch. Another team I am honored to be a part of.

The 'Happy Birthday' and 'Party' cards I made for Ally Scraps using some fun Studio 8 Celebration papers. They were quick and simple and took just a few minutes each. I also made this layout of Skye's 10th birthday. I handcut all the gifts as well as the banner to create the borders. I will admit that I struggled with these papers... I like them, but the colors were a challenge for me to work with. That's why I selected them to work with this month. The end result, so I suppose that's all that matters.
Our weather is warming up nicely and I have been dabbling in some yard work. Our yard needs a lot of TLC this year since it's been neglected a bit the past two summers. Slow and steady and there will be some visible progress.

Take care!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rae,
    Love all your projects. Sorry to read about Ashlyn not feeling well, I hope she is OK, keep me posted as soon as you find out anything. Big hugs to you! I know it is hard not knowing.
    Dani

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.