Thursday, December 11, 2008

had some time to create









The past few weeks have really flown by! I had all these plans to create all these wonderful Christmas-ey projects, but that was squashed. It's all good though because they will still be here waiting for me next year. Haha!
My BIL and SIL arrived on Saturday morning and it's been non-stop since then. Today was actually the first real down day I had (well I did have some time yesterday since Ashlyn was sick and I called into work, but I worked around the house and did some organizing before I took some time for myself) and I really used it as a down day. I didn't do anything around here other than one load of laundry and then I wrapped up some scrappy projects. I even took a nap. It's nice to have one of those days every now and then. As much as I hate that Ashlyn wasn't feeling well yesterday, I really needed that day to decompress and just take some me time. I was feeling burnt out and run down and like I haven't done anything for me in such a very long time. Yesterday was good for my spirit and I think it was a gift that I was given.

My grandfather, Roy E. Stier, passed away on Monday. I am sad, but not overly distraught. I haven't spent all that much time with him for one, just a few hours here and there over the past decade, and he was 91. He lived a long and full life and had so many experiences and did so many great things with his life, that I know he knew he lived a great life. He wouldn't want anyone to mourn his loss, but look back on how much he lived. He was an author and has 5 books in print, all of which I own, but sadly, and embarassingly, have never read them. It's on my list. I haven't read anything lately which is also something I need to change.

Onto some brighter things, I finally finished a project that I started about a month ago. I saw these on a magazine cover and then again on the amazingly talented Linda Albrecht's blog and knew I had to expand my horizons and give them a try. Working with clay has been something i wanted to tackle for awhile now and I can check that off my list. I am sure you will be seeing more from me in the future. They didn't turn out like I had envisioned, but I really think that is due to a lack of time, however I am still pleased with them. I really like how elegant 'Dapper' and 'Grace' turned out. It all started with trying to find something to put on her head and the white flower with feathers seemed to work well and then I just had to create someone to go with her. I am glad to have something finished and ready to display and enjoy before the season ends. :)

I hope to be back soon with something to post, maybe scrappy related, maybe not. Until then, take care and I hope you are enjoying the Christmas season!

4 comments:

  1. those are so dang cute! I may have to see if I can find some cute bottles ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rae, so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I'm glad you were able to get some much needed rest. We all need that sometimes!

    Your glass bottle snowmen turned out terrific, cute as can be!!
    hugs to you,
    dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very sorry to hear about your grandfather.
    And I love your take on the snowmen! I have all my stuff put together to create some for myself one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "bottle people" are amazing! Their faces are so cute-you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.