Sunday, October 26, 2008

so proud of Nathan and some projects



Good Sunday morning! I hope you are having a beautiful day! I have to work this afternoon and evening, but for now I am just enjoying the peace and quiet of the morning. It's 9AM and everyone is still sound asleep. I am sure it won't be long before they are all up and about.

We haven't heard anything from Nathan in months and I knew he was due to graduate from Basic Training sometime last week or so. Well on Friday he called while I was at work and left a message telling us that he had just graduated that morning and was on his way to OK for AIT. I am so proud of him!!! I am sure it was not easy for him on so many levels (especially having to follow rules, lol), but he did it and he should be beaming with satisfaction that he accomplished something on his own! He will probably come home sometime in December right before he moves to his assigned base and hopefully we'll get to see him.

I am sure many of you are aware of all the problems I had with my foot and ankle last year, well everything was going well and I wasn't having any problems other than an occasional day of pain every few weeks. However, a week ago Saturday I started having some sever pain and it got so bad that I actually put my walking cast on and wore it for a few days to rest the area. Ever since then I have been having problems with stabbing pain that comes on quickly and then passes, and my nerves are twitchy and jumpy and it's driving me nuts! My ankle has been pretty stiff too, and the pain has shot up all the way to my knee. It's been hard to walk around and I have been trying to limit that. I can stand on it, but it is inflamed so even though it doesn't hurt when I stand, I am pretty sure that's not a good thing. I have an appt. with my dr. on Thursday just to have it checked out and see what I can do to help it out. I don't know if it's because I am standing on it for 5 hour periods of time at work or not because it just came on and I have been working over a month now. We shall see. I am frustrated and don't want to have to deal with this again. *sigh*

Anyway, onto scrappy stuff.
Here is a layout I created for the Creatively Yours blog as well as a card for this weeks sketch at Di Hickman's blog.

Have a super week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.