Friday, May 16, 2008

Thank goodness it's Friday!


Oh what a week this has been. From Nathan leaving home to a huge scare yesterday with my 13 yo step-daughter Emily. Some of you may know this, but for those who don't, here's the short version.
My dh got a phone call yesterday early afternoon from his ex telling him that Emily tried to kill herself. She had OD'd at school, was unresponsive and having seizures and was been taken by ambulance to the ER. he called me in tears and I had such a hard time absorbing it. THANK the GOOD LORD that she is OK!!! I have never felt so small and helpless and scared in my life. She took a slew of Claritin D and an excess of her asthma medicine. Not sure why, and I am not even sure she understands why. She was sent home and had an appt. today to get a brain scan, which was normal. She will visit a phsychologist sometime next week. She called me and told me that they are probably going to start her on some medication for hallucinations because she says that she hears voices in her head and they tell her to do mean things to herself. She's been cutting for over a year now and apparently that's not being addressed in the manner it should. *sigh* I can't judge, I am not there. I can only make assumptions based on what I hear from Emily.
We are now just trying to figure out what we can do to help her if anything. This is a tough situation to face and although the solution seems simple, it's not. There are so many layers to this and time and patience and love are the key. I just pray that she will never, ever do something like this again. I can't imagine life without her. I can't imagine how she feels.
The thing that struck me the most was that life goes on. Amidst all this turmoil we were facing, the phone was still ringing, the TV was still blaring, and people were outside living. Not dying inside like we were. It was hard to sit around and wait so we did just that... went on with our lives. I took the girls to Target then to Once Upon A Child. As if nothing had happened. I just couldn't sit around and wait and let my mind think the worst. Each of us does this daily. Horrible things happen all around us all the time. We have to move on even if it seems so wrong. It's right. It's vital for survival. It's weird.

So, it's been a mentally draining week to say the least. I just want a nice normal relaxing weekend. I bought a bunch of flowers today and planted about half of them. The rest I'll get to tomorrow or Sunday, not sure yet.

Moving onto scrappy stuff... I will just keep rambling if I don't. The card is for this weeks sketch over at Di's blog. This is a great sketch with such a simple design that can be used in so many ways.

The layouts I just made for fun. :) I had some mojo. yay!

Have a wonderful weekend! We are going to be in the low 90's again tomorrow and close to that on Sunday. It's going to be a hot one!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that you have so much craziness going. I hope things calm down soon.
    Big big big hugs
    You certainly do have some mojo. Love the scrappy goodness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about Emily. I pray that she will get the help she needs to get on with her life. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sad and ... I'm missing words to express in English what I'd like to say, but I hope you'll go through this and that thing will go better now.

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.