Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


I hope all you mom's out there had a blessed Mother's Day! I spent today doing a little of this and a little of that. I woke up to some wonderful handmade gifts from Ashlyn and Skylar, which truly is my favorite part of this special day. I don't need anything else to make my heart happy. :) Meghan gave me a Vanilla and Amber diffuser and the house smells lovely. Kara said her card is on the computer at school and I will get it tomorrow. lol! She ran out of money to print it out.
Ashlyn isn't feeling well today and I am a bit rundown myself. We laid on the sofa and took a nap together and then watched the rest of Mary Poppins. That's such a cute movie.

Here's my card for Di's sketch this week. Not my favorite card, but I struggled with the sketch for some odd reason. Oh well, they can't all be masterpieces. ;)

I did manage to have a great scrapping spree this weekend! I busted out the kit for my May GDT spot over at Scrap-Diner. I was really stressing this kit too. Nothing was falling into place and I was getting myself stressed about it. I am pleased with the end result and will be able to share this week. Today I worked on 3 cards and am caught up on commitments for the first time in a while. My mind has been cluttered and it's taken a toll on my creativity. Yesterday came a turning point and I was able to just relax and let things flow. I really needed it.

Some fun things that happened this week:
Skylar moved up to Flying Fish in swimming lessons (the 2nd highest class) and Ashlyn moved up to Fish (just below Flying Fish). Ashlyn is now in the "big pool" and swims laps for lessons. She wanted to join the Swim team this time but the session was full. I am not sure if they offer a Summer Program for it or not, but she'll get to do the next time. It's an hour twice a week of swimming laps and working on strokes. Her endurance is building and she sure does love to swim. Skye prefers to splash around in the 4 ft. section on the smaller pool while Ashlyn can be found diving and hanging out in the deep end of the big pool. They are so alike, yet so different.

Yesterday Skye marched with her school Drill Team in the Junior Lilac Parade. I was really hoping to have been able to see her on TV, but they didn't have news coverage. Huge bummer. She had a blast though and I can see her smile in my mind.

I hope your week is fabulous! I have high hopes for a good one here! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love your card Rae! You always tend to be tougher on yourself! it's gorgeous! and congrats to the girls for their accomplishments in swim! that is super awesome! Glad you had a nice Mother's Day. I agree that the hand made cards or gifts are always the best. Hugs -renee lamb

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.